Mold Strikes From Bath Tub Leak in Jacksonville Townhome
Mold can often be the result of water leaks and is not always visible. In this photo, the mold problem was the result of a bathtub leak from above in this two story Jacksonville townhome. We at SERVPRO Fernandina Beach/Jacksonville NE have been responding to a lot of mold calls lately. Whether from water leaks or the humidity present in our North Florida climate, mold can become an issue.
Here are some tips you should know. If you do see visible mold in your home, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores that become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Fernandina Beach/Jacksonville Northeast for mold remediation services at 904.729.2401.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Fernandina Beach/Jacksonville Northeast specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, We are a Florida-licensed mold remediation company. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
Call us at 904.729.2401 to schedule a mold inspection.