October is Fire Prevention Month
Fire Prevention month an ideal time to talk with your whole family about fire safety – including testing alarms, changing the batteries or upgrading to 10-year sealed battery alarms, how to use a fire extinguisher and escape route planning.
Did You Know?
- 3 of every 5 home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes with no working smoke alarms
- Less than 50% of homeowners have an escape plan
- Carbon monoxide (CO) is the #1 cause of accidental death
- 60% of consumers do not test their smoke and CO alarms monthly*
- Only 47% of people report having CO alarms in their home
- Just 43% of homeowners have an escape plan*
- Unattended cooking is the #1 cause of home fires
Are You Ready at Home?
Take time this month to address these topics with your family and make the needed safety plans.
If you do suffer fire-related damage, please call SERVPRO Fernandina Beach/Jacksonville Northeast at 904.729.2401. We’ll get there fast and restore your home back to normal.