Do You Need to Have Your Air Ducts Professionally Cleaned?
Living in Jacksonville, running your air conditioner is just not an option, especially during the hot summer months. The air that is cooled by your air conditioner circulates via the air ducts that run throughout the home. Your air conditioner is recycling that air constantly. This is the same air that you and your family breathe, so of course, you want this air to be as clean as possible to help prevent odors and possible health issues. When you clean your air ducts, you’re removing dust and contaminants within the ducts.
These are the top five benefits to having your air ducts professionally cleaned:
- Reduce dust. As the air goes through the ducts, dust can accumulate. Getting your ducts cleaned will reduce the dust re-circulating through the home and potentially getting on your furniture, bedding, floors, clothes and all other surfaces.
- Minimize allergies and irritants. These allergens include pet dander, pollen, dust, bacteria, mildew, mold spores, smoke from cooking and candles, and many other toxins that linger in your air ducts. Periodically cleaning out your ducts can help reduce these irritants. A professional air duct cleaning will result in a healthier home.
- You'll breathe cleaner air. Even if you don’t have asthma or allergies, cleaner air is better air. Poor air quality has been known to cause health issues. If you were given the choice to breathe clean or dirty air which would you prefer? Cleaning your air ducts can make your home more comfortable.
- Lingering smells and odors. Have your air ducts professionally cleaned will help get rid of unpleasant smells in the air such as pet odors, cigarette smoke, and even musty odors. As hard as your air conditioner tries to remove these odors, some are just stubborn.
- Improve airflow. If you have years of accumulated dust and grime, it can restrict your airflow. This means your system will have to work harder than normal. A clean system is going to be more efficient and utilize the least amount of energy, meaning lower electric bills and less wear and tear on your system components.
Please know, it’s not always necessary to have your air ducts cleaned. If you think you might need your air ducts cleaned, SERVPRO will be happy to inspect the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC) and let you know how you should proceed.
Before cleaning your air ducts, call your local Jacksonville SERVPRO. We will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns which can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.