Eta strengthens to hurricane again; Northeast Florida preps for impact
Just when we thought hurricane season was over, the Jacksonville area is now looking for a November impact from Hurricane Eta. Our area will begin to feel the effects overnight into Thursday morning.
The Following is a Weather Impact Overview for the Jacksonville Area From the National Weather Service:
- Tropical Storm Eta Forecast to move into North Central and Northeast FL Thursday-Thursday evening
- Tropical Storm Warnings and Watches Issued for Portions of Northeast FL
- Additional Watches and Warnings May Need to be Issued Today
- Slight Risk of Excessive Rainfall Thursday-Thursday evening.
- High Rip Current Risk Today
- Rough surf and life –threatening rip currents. It is highly recommended to remain out of the water
- Small Craft Advisory In Effect For Most of the Coastal Waters
Hopefully this storm will not cause major damages, but if you suffer water damage or flooding, please call SERVPRO of Fernandina Beach/Jacksonville Northeast at 904.729.2401.