Hair Salon Has Mold Damage from Hidden Water Leak
A Jacksonville hair salon showed evidence of mold in several areas and SERVPRO of Fernandina Beach/Jacksonville Northeast was called out to assess the damage. We are a Florida-licensed mold remediation firm and had performed an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) at the salon so we were acquainted with the building.
Upon examination, we found evidence of water damage that led to mold growth in the bathroom area and the entire water wall. Not only was this damage evident in the hair salon but also the jewelry business next door.
We were able to identify and repair the source of the water intrusion (a roof leak) so that we could initiate mitigation to the associated mold damage.
Here are some things business owners need to know about mold damage and what you should do if you discover evidence of mold at your place of business.
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of Fernandina Beach/Jacksonville Northeast has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact a SERVPRO Franchise Professional for mold remediation services.
What NOT to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Have a Mold Problem? Call Today – 904-729-2401. Not only can SERVPRO of Fernandina Beach/Jacksonville Northeast remediate the mold damage but we can also perform any needed reconstruction services such as drywall repair and painting.