Important Tips for Choosing a Biohazard Cleanup Service
SERVPRO of Fernandina Beach/Yulee Offers Biohazard Cleanup & Remediation Services
Always Choose a Trained Professional
- Because it’s traumatic: No one should have to deal with the personal impact of cleaning up after the traumatic loss of a loved one. A professional SERVPRO can get a situation cleaned up quickly, compassionately and discreetly.
- Because it’s safer: Federal regulations classify all human and animal remains, including blood, urine, feces, vomit and bodily fluids, as biohazards. This is because they have the potential of carrying life-threatening pathogens such as Hepatitis B and C, AIDS, HIV, MRSA, Tuberculosis and many more. The safe cleanup and removal of biohazardous materials involves extensive analysis and detailed work, and the use of state-of-the-art cleaning and odor removal technologies.
Licensed Bonded & Insured
It is important to use licensed professionals because they conduct safe cleanup, removal and disposal of biohazardous waste. Additional considerations include being registered and compliant with OSHA and FEMA, federal agencies that oversee disasters and workplace safety. Cleanup crews will be coming into your home or the home of your loved one, so be sure the professional you choose is bonded and insured.
Will Work with Insurance Companies
- In most cases, insurance will cover much or all of the cost of traumatic even cleanup. You can minimize or eliminate your out-of-pocket expenses by working with licensed and bonded professionals such as SERVPRO of Fernandina Beach/Yulee who will deal directly with insurance companies, saving you one more headache in this already difficult process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Can I just use my regular cleaning or janitorial service for biohazard cleanup of blood or bodily fluids?
A: Not unless your regular cleaning or janitorial service has been properly trained and equipped to handle biohazard cleanup and waste such as blood or bodily fluids, and has a legal place to dispose of the recovered biohazardous waste.
Q: Who pays for bio-recovery services?
A: In many cases home, business or auto insurance will pay for bio-recovery services. Ultimately the property owner may be responsible for cost of the service.
Q: Can I have an employee of my business clean the scene?
A: Federal Regulation 29cfr1910.1030 states that no employee can be placed in a position to be exposed to biohazard cleanup of blood spills without first:
- Receiving Blood Borne Pathogen (bbp) training.
- Having a written BBP exposure control plan.
- Having been provided personal protective equipment.
- Having been offered Hepatitis B vaccine and exposure evaluation and follow-up.
- Being provided with a method to remove and properly store the bio-hazardous waste in properly marked containers for disposal at an approved site.
For more information please visit:
We Offer Professional Biohazard Cleanup
Biohazards happen. Let the professionals at SERVPRO® make it "like it never even happened"
Do you have a Bio-hazardous situation?
How do you know when you have a biohazard on your hands? The first thing you need to know is the definition of a biohazard. Biohazards are infectious agents or hazardous materials that create a risk for the health of humans or animals. Often this is associated with the possibility of material being considered infectious to anyone in the environment. Now that we know the definition, we must now look at what types of situations can cause infections.
Different Types of Biohazards
Death - When an individual dies, their body shuts down losing the ability to contain its fluids and wastes. All of these fluids would be considered biohazard waste, since the fluids might have bacteria or viruses that are still alive. Hence the precautions that are taken when dealing with those situations. Without the proper protections the risk of infection is greatly increased.
Sewage Backups - Sewage backups and dark water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits – these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals remove the sewage, contaminants, and moisture, and help ensure the structure is properly cleaned, disinfected, and deodorized.
Hoarding - Biohazards are arguably the most dangerous threat to homeowners and their pets. It is no secret that many hoarding cases are plagued with biohazards. Biohazards, or pathogens, are any harmful agents that pose an immediate risk to human beings, animals, or the environment. Biohazards usually rear themselves in the form of toxic or infectious diseases or agents.
Health - Health biohazard cleanup is needed when these agents are presented in two major forms within a hoarded home: Airborne and blood borne.
- Airborne biohazards are any pathogens (bacterial, viral, or allergenic) that can be absorbed through the lungs or enter the body in other ways like the ears, nose, throat, and eyes.
- Blood borne biohazards are commonly more deadly and quicker to infect a person or pet. Able to enter the blood stream in many similar ways as an airborne pathogen, blood borne biohazards can also infect someone through open cuts, sores, and any major orifice.
Biohazard Cleanup Services
Here are a few of the benefits we provide during each biohazard cleanup:Our services are provided to you with compassion, respect and integrity. We are committed to provide you immediate professional services.We are a preferred vendor for the top insurance companies; this shows we have met their strict criteria to be ethical in conduct, performance and in billing.We remove and decontaminate most all biological hazards. All items deemed unsafe will be cleaned or removed and disposed of properly.We are a Certified Professional Mold Remediation Contractor; meeting the guidelines IICRC S520 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation.You can rest assured that we follow all state and federal guidelines and regulations in the transportation, incineration, or disposal of all bio-hazardous materials.
You can also visit Servpro® Biohazard Cleanup to learn more about some of the other bio-hazardous cleaning services we offer.