Fire Damages Yulee Family Home
This Yulee family home suffered a fire that affected this entire four-bedroom house. These photos show a before/after of one room, the basement. All affected contents were either removed or cleaned if they could be restored. The affected structure was cleaned of any smoke damage and/or smell. The cleaning of the entire house took two days and the rebuild was able to begin quickly thereafter.
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
We at SERVPRO of Fernandina Beach/Yulee/North Jacksonville have the specialized fire restoration training needed to restore your home to pre-fire condition. Have Questions About Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today at 904.729.2401.